Monday, December 18, 2006

Mr. Jones is not Mr. French

I have proven that Mr. Jones does indeed reside in Scotland.

His website is http://www.jonesieboy.co.uk, correct? Some of you have insinuated that Mr. French registered a UK hostname just to fool us. So, I decided to find the IP address of this website. The IP address is 80.68.95.86. This particular IP is assigned to the UK, and presumably Mr. Jones is from Scotland. Just to make even surer, I used the IP to find the host for his website.

As you can see, this host is located in the UK. If you want further proof, I can show you how I did this in class tomorrow. If you want even further proof, I will ping the host myself. There is no way that Mr. French could have done this himself. It defies the laws of computer science. I think it's safe to say that this issue is now resolved. See you all tomorrow!

Evan

2 Comments:

At 12:28 AM, Blogger laurie. said...

I feel that this somehow ruins the mystery.
Also, you have too much time on your hands.

 
At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - Mr Jones here. Someone reminded me about this blog post today, and I'm afraid that I have to say there is a flaw in your logic. Your excellent research has proved that my blog is hosted on a UK server. But there's nothing to stop Mr French from hosting a domain with a UK Internet hosting company is there? That way, it will look as though I'm from the UK because the server really is in the UK, but all the time it's Mr French in the US that owns and runs the domain.

But you are right - I am not Mr French!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home